Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Log Home in Japan 2008/4/29 17:13
I have lived in Japan for 9yrs now, married with kids and I'm looking to build a house. I'm interested in buliding a Log home/cabin in the mountains of Shimada, Shisuoka prefecture. I'm looking for information on Japanese and import kit houses and the construction crew. I am aware of "Honka" and the like but I want more of a choice. If any of you have any information please let me know.

Thanks.
by Eoin  

log homes 2008/4/30 01:21
there are a lot of magazines in Japan about log homes. They have pages with addresses of builders and many of them have their internet sites address in English. Whenever I am in Japan I buy architecture and decoration magazines at the nearest Kinokuniya bookstore but these mags are widely available.
by Sensei 2 rate this post as useful

thanks 2008/4/30 06:48
Thanks. I've seen the Mags and the Japanese language isn't a problem. I am also looking for input from anyone who lives in a log home . I have been renting one as a summer home for a few years now but haven't stayed there in the winter.Land, money and connections are not a factor.
by EQuinn rate this post as useful

reply to this thread