Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

English book search 2008/5/1 00:36
Hi,
I'm trying to find a book by Colin Joyce. I have a copy in Japanese but can't read it yet as I'm new to the language. Does anyone know if it's available in English or can anyone give a good translation so I can check the internet. It's Japanese title is:「ニッポン社会」入門♂p国人記者の抱腹レポート I think!!
Really appreciate if anyone can help.

many thanks
by jeffers1  

Tower Records 2008/5/1 14:26
You could try at Tower Records in Shibuya. They have lots of English books there.
by Sandy rate this post as useful

search for book 2008/5/1 16:19
well, an easy place to start is Amazon.com's japanese web page, which displays in English as well. A search for Colin Joyce comes up with your Japanese title but no English entries.
Not that every book in the world is at amazon.com but if not, it's gotta be pretty darn hard to find.
by Spendthrift rate this post as useful

Just to add 2008/5/2 10:18
According to amazon.co.jp's listing, there seems to be no English version of this book published. Also according to a reader's review late last year (regarding the Japanese book), the manuscript was originally written in English - the author is British - but only the Japanese translation made it to a column in Newsweek Japan edition, and later edited and compiled for publication.
by AK rate this post as useful

Hmm 2008/5/2 22:09
Hmm,
I wondered if it might only be a japanese print book. Have to brush up my reading skills, I guess!
Will keep looking at post if i find it.
Thanks all for the help.
by jeffers1 rate this post as useful

Kinokuniya has it 2011/4/24 11:06
If you are still looking for it, the English title of this book is "How to Japan - A Tokyo Correspondenet's Take". You can get it at Kinokuniya. I got mine from Kinokuniya in Singapore.
by Maybelline (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread