Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Narita to Ikebukuro during rush hour 2008/5/1 03:48
Hi, I need to travel from Narita to Ikebukuro during rush hour. May plane lands at 15.55. What is the best and cheapest way to get to Ikebukuro without taking the Yamanote at rush hour.

Thanks

Judy
by Judy Inouye  

Ikebukuro 2008/5/1 14:18
Judy,

Many JR Narita Express trains go directly to Ikebukuro. Depending on where you are staying, the Airport Limousine may also take you directly to your hotel - or at least nearby.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

don't worry 2008/5/1 16:35
I was quite concerned about rush hour trains too. I remember one train at 5:30pm in Kyoto that I was worried about was almost deserted! I end up travelling on heaps of evening peak hour trains in Tokyo on the Yamanote line and really none were that horrific. I'm from Australia and experienced worse on our trains. Avoid them if possible but I wouldn't rearrange your schedule around them.
by Zoe rate this post as useful

other options 2008/5/1 17:22
It is the trains coming in from the suburbs rather than the Yamanote that tend to be crowded in the morning. IF there is a NEX all the way to Ikebukuro or a bus to your hotel area leaving close to the time you arrive that would be ideal, otherwise take the NEX to Shinjuku or Tokyo (or even the Keisei Skyliner to Nippori) and then the Yamanote to Ikebukuro rather than wait a long time for the next NEX that goes all the way to Ikebukuro.
by Sira rate this post as useful

rush hour 2008/5/1 23:38
You will probably be after rush hour. It takes 100 minutes to get to the Yamanote line on the Keisei and with customs and waiting for your luggage and all you probably won't hit the Yamanote until well after 6 p.m. Take your time at the airport. Change your money at the airport post office, etc.
by acase rate this post as useful

reply to this thread