Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Did I fill this address out correctly? 2008/5/1 05:24
Hi there, I'm sending a letter to Japan. The sender has given me this address to mail

Mr. Anonymous
Akanedai Z-X-Y
Aoba-Ku
Yokohama-City
Kanagawa
JAPAN 227-0066

I was wondering did he send me the right address? I did my research, and it came out like this.

Mr. Anonymous
Z-X-Y, Akanedai Aoba-Ku
Yokohama, Kanagawa 227-0066
JAPAN

Are both of these correct? Or is it completely different?

by dumbdrum2003  

Same address 2008/5/1 12:57
That is the same address, just a matter of commas and different lines. Japan Post won't have any trouble with either and they will both go to the same place.
by Sira rate this post as useful

Another question... 2008/5/1 13:52
Wow, really? So the my letter should be on its way to Japan then.
Another question, I forgot to put the AIR MAIL stamp on my letter. Will the US post office put that stamp on for me? If not, will the letter be delayed or sent back to me?
by dumbdrum2003 rate this post as useful

Airmail 2008/5/1 14:40
dumbdrum2003,

I forgot to put the AIR MAIL stamp on my letter. Will the US post office put that stamp on for me? If not, will the letter be delayed or sent back to me?

That depends on whether you asked for the letter to be sent by airmail and whether you paid for the airmail rate. I think most places would assume that a letter to be sent abroad would go by airmail unless otherwise specified, but there is a possibility that it went by surface mail. It is therefore good practice to write "AIRMAIL" on your letters to make sure that it is clear.

by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

airmail 2008/5/1 16:15
Half the time when I send letters I forget to put "Airmail" on them. It should be clear to the post office from the amount of postage you put on it and the destination that it is an airmail letter. They will not send it by ship, don't worry.
by Sira rate this post as useful

airmail 2008/5/2 05:33
I always write airmail on international letters although I sometimes forget to put my apt number on my address. :(
by Silly me rate this post as useful

Good postal service 2008/5/3 06:41
It should arrive quickly. I usually get my mail in Japan from the USA within a week. If your mail doesn't get there soon, maybe something happened.
by Holly rate this post as useful

Golden Week Holidays 2008/5/5 19:11
It's Golden week in May, so if they haven't gotten it yet, May 7 is the next delivery day of the Post Office.
by Hawn rate this post as useful

AAA for the postal service 2008/5/5 22:48
Postal service is excellent in Japan. If you are not home when a package is delivered, you can call them and arrange a specific time for them to redeliver it. Great service!
by Happy camper rate this post as useful

reply to this thread