Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

age 15 and wanna live in japan 2008/5/1 06:54
i am 15 years old and want to go to a senior high school in japan but my parents don't want to live in japan, and they give me consent to live there, but how do i do this?
thank you
by Tanika H.  

Exchang Program 2008/5/1 12:09
Have you thought of participating in an exchange program? A program would allow you to live in Japan for a year, and would allow your family to stay where they are.
by Syrus rate this post as useful

Student Exchange 2008/5/1 16:07
A student exchange program definately sounds like the way to go. Do you speak fluent Japanese? Remember you've got your whole life ahead of you, you can go to university there or teach English later, if the student exchange idea doesn't work out.
by Zoe rate this post as useful

just be patient and things will happen 2008/5/1 22:05
To be honest I'd say just wait a while. I thought I wanted to study abroad in Japan when I was in high school too but I waited until college and found that there would have been no way I could have handled living by myself in a foreign country before that. Unless you are both fluent in Japanese and have a family set up that you can live with, you're best waiting until you are actually legal to do stuff there on your own.
by Alita rate this post as useful

Study harder 2008/5/1 22:13
I don't know how good your Japanese is, but your English needs improving. You need to know both English and Japanese well to succeed in Japan at your age.
by Naomi rate this post as useful

wait 2008/5/2 01:16
and go to a college that has a study abroad program to Japan.

It's only 4 years away... which may seem like a long time to you... but really at your age time goes by really fast. Plus, you'll need some japanese ability to study there.
by Miyuki rate this post as useful

Yes 2008/5/2 06:10
Do you have a passport? That would be a must.
by Joe rate this post as useful

just curious 2008/5/2 09:48
Back in the 70s when I was about 15, the students who came here to Japan on short months worth exchange programs had extremely little knowledge of the Japanese language. They came here basically to learn the culture. Has times changed?
by Uco rate this post as useful

thanks 2008/5/2 14:28
thank you everyone you have been great help. i think i know what im going to do now!
by Tanika H. rate this post as useful

reply to this thread