Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Gala Yuzawa Ski Resort from Tokyo 2008/5/1 18:32
Hi

I am planning a 16days trip to Japan in Dec and will be getting the 7 days JR Pass for my travel from Shinjuku to 3 days in Kyoto and 3 days in Osaka and then back to Tokyo.

I am wondering if it is possible for me to make a day trip out to the Gala Yuzawa Ski Resort from Tokyo ? ( we are not going to ski but just to let my 3yr old kid see and experience snow play )

How can I make use of the JR pass on the last day to make the trip to Gala Yuzama?

If I were to go from Osaka by Shinkansen do I still need to transit in Tyoko or are there alternate train routes that I can make?

Thanks, appreciate all advice.
by Rk  

JR 2008/5/1 18:56
You have to go to Tokyo from Osaka first, and then to Gala Yuzawa.
Depending on the train, it will take up to 93 minutes to get there from Tokyo by Shinkansen. You should be able to just a gondola ticket up the main restaurant area, as there's not really much to do around the Gala Yuzawa station area.
by Sandy rate this post as useful

reply to this thread