Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

August in Hokkaido 2008/5/4 23:52
Could anyone advise if I can still catch the Lavender season during the first week of August?

And if I am planning a trip to Japan in August, where would be a good recommendation?

Thanks!
by Puppy  

... 2008/5/5 10:49
Could anyone advise if I can still catch the Lavender season during the first week of August?

Not sure.

And if I am planning a trip to Japan in August, where would be a good recommendation?

Hokkaido and the Japanese Alps are both, the most comfortable, but also among the most popular (i.e. crowded) places to go in summer, because it is not as hot as in the rest of Japan.

Ironically, Okinawa is also often a little bit less hot than major cities on Honshu. Okinawa weather tends to be good in summer, despite the occasional typhoon.

If you don't mind the summer heat, any place in Japan can be worth visiting in August. Just note that it is the peak of the summer holidays (especially mid August) and many popular tourist spots and resorts will be crowded.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread