Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kimono shows 2008/5/6 01:18
Has someone an idea where in Kyoto or Osaka I can participate in a Kimono show and even try some on?
Thanks Svea
by Svea  

kimono 2008/5/7 04:00
All the department stores have a floor where they sell kimono fabric (most formal kimonos are custom made). They have a few already made and they may let you try them. At the same time a kimono doesn't look right without an obi and I don't think that the staff in a store will go to the bother of tying an obi and adjusting the kimono--quite a task-- unless the customer will buy a kimono, obi and other accessories. I don't think that they have shows for everyday kimonos but have been wrong before.
by Auntie Bert rate this post as useful

Studio 2008/5/7 10:34
There's an amusement park studio in Kyoto that looks like old Japanese town. They film there, and I've seen foreigners dressed in kimono walking around. I don't recall the name of the place, but I'm sure someone on this forum does.
by Yasu rate this post as useful

reply to this thread