Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Toilets shared in Ryokans? 2008/5/6 16:06
When booking a room in a ryokan, often there is the choice between "with bath"/"without bath". Does this usually mean only the washing facilities are either private or shared and both still have private toilets or does "bath" also include the toilet, so if I book "without bath" also the toilet will be outside the room?

Marc
by Brandis  

... 2008/5/6 17:48
Does this usually mean only the washing facilities are either private or shared and both still have private toilets or does "bath" also include the toilet, so if I book "without bath" also the toilet will be outside the room?

"Bath" usually refers only to the bath. If there is no toilet on the room, it usually states so separately. Only very old or cheap ryokan do not have toilets on the room.
by Uji rate this post as useful

bathrooms 2008/5/7 07:18
In my experience we stayed in approx 10 fairly inexpensive (but not not the lowest level of accommodation) yet lovely ryokans without bath and in all cases there was no toilet in the room either. The toilet facilities were always close by. We stayed in Japanese style rooms,maybe the western style are different.
by Maree rate this post as useful

... 2008/5/7 08:01
As I wrote, cheap ryokan (under 15,000 yen per person and night, incl. two meals) very often come without toilet on the room.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread