Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

dieting and healthy eating in japan 2008/5/8 21:57
I work long hours and am really lazy when it comes to cooking. I was on a pretty healthy diet before and had lost some weight but now I'm at a stand still. anyways I was wondering if anyone knew of some healthy meals--and tasty--easy to cook and good for a diet?
by kel  

Nabe 2008/5/9 10:47
Eating a lot of noodles and vegetables does it for me.
by Hori rate this post as useful

eating 2008/5/11 04:42
I work in a multicultural environment. The staff are from many countries and all cook different foods from their cultures. I eat a mix of European and Japanese food. some of my colleagues are meat/fish eaters, others are vegetarians. some get their dense carbohydrates mostly from potatoes, beans etc. others get their carbs mostly, or even only,from rice. So what is the diet secret if most of us have a normal weight yet eat different types of food? the secret is quantities and calories. Foods with higher calories like meat, fish, noodles, potatoes etc. should be eaten in moderation. vegetables and fruits--they are also carbs-- can be eaten in bigger quantities. another trick is to eat meals made of several small plates, each one with a different food or combination of food (small plates means saucer or dessert plate size). This is commonly done in Europe and Asia, unlike North America where a normal meal is one really big plate piled up with a mountain of high calories food PLUS a huge milkshake (then often an enormous slice of cake on op of that). a meal made of several different small dishes is visually--and gustatory-- more satisfying and, if the total of the dishes is low to moderate in calories, will result in weight loss or maintenance, depending on goals. exercising is also a given. One must exercise regularly. this is as much a necessity as breathing and eating.
by Auntie Bert rate this post as useful

reply to this thread