Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Osaka Tenjimbashi-suji shopping street 2008/5/16 00:57
Is Tenjimbashi-suji shopping street worth visiting?
I will be in Osaka for 2 days.
Plan to visit Osaka Castle, Shinsaibashi and Namba area, Universal studio.
by Travelfun  

Tenjinbashi-suji 2008/5/16 17:20
It is if you are interested in the everyday life of the average Osakans. Tenjinbashi-suji is down to earth, there are no fancy department stores as in the Shinsaibashi arcade. It is 2.6 km long so there are a lot of small stores!. see link below for photos www.photographersdirect.com/stockimages/t/tenjinbashisuji.asp -
by Monkey see rate this post as useful

. 2008/5/16 17:28
Other than being the longest covered shopping street in Japan, this is pretty much an average Japanese shopping street.

Much more interesting would be a visit to Tsuruhashi. Although this is really a Korean area, it is worth a visit, the market is a labyrinth of narrow covered alleys below the train tracks. You can travel there via the Kintetsu Railway, Osaka subway of JR loop line.

Also, if you are visiting the Shinsaibashi and Namba areas, I find the covered shopping streets here are much more interesting.
by RobBeer rate this post as useful

glorious shopping 2008/5/17 14:51
There is no right and wrong answer, to each its own etc.i love Tenjimbashi-suji shopping street because the customers are real down to heart locals, not the young fashion victims that frequent Shinsaibashi. But then I have never seen a shopping street, shopping mall, department store etc. that I didn't like!. to me they are even more interesting than museums as they show what the average person in..(insert here name of country) buy and therefore is.
have you tried the Hankyu San ban Gai mall? if not you should.
by Auntie Bert rate this post as useful

Universal studio 2008/5/18 00:35
Thank for all the feedback.
If time allow I will visit Tsuruhashi & Hankyu San ban gai.
I will visit Universal studio on Sunday. Will it be very crowded. I do not wish to waste time queuing for the ride. I will skip this place if it is very crowded.
by travelfun rate this post as useful

Opening & Closing hours? 2008/7/2 23:34
I will be interested to visit this place during my trip in October, but roughly what time does the shops in this street open?
by chloe rate this post as useful

reply to this thread