Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

koriyama and Aizuwakamatsu city maps 2008/5/16 15:04
as above.. have been searching for the above 2 maps.. but cannot find . Need to know anything special or shop or roam around in the two cities.Went to their website- do not have. Can anyone help ? Thanks
by cheng  

free map from station 2008/5/16 18:50
When I was in Aizu I got a free map at the station. In Japanese, but most of the city has a grid layout, so it's pretty easy to find your way around.
by Zavo rate this post as useful

I've been . . . 2008/5/20 11:03
. . . to Aizu Wakamatsu 2-3 times. There was tourist info in English available and bus maps in English. I think JNTO has some info also.

Besides a castle, there are several stuff to see like a samurai house, Japanese garden, site where some teenage samurai committed suicide by a tragic mistake. In winter, Lake Inawashiro (?) is used by overwintering swans, but bus service is infrequent.

Kitakata is around 30' away and is famous for kura and ramen. You can easily knock both places off but you need around 1.5 days. This is a good snow trip from Tokyo as snow is always on the ground during winter that far north.

I've only passed thru Koriyama and it's not a well-known tourist destination, but there are probably some stuff to see there.
by Clevor rate this post as useful

Aizu-wakamatsu and Koriyama maps 2008/5/24 09:44
We just visted Aizu-wakamatsu a few days ago. I also looked for a map of the city but when we arrived at the train station, we got a city map at the tourist information desk in the train station. We stayed in a beautiful 150 year old onsen in Higashiyama Onsen which is about ten minutes by taxi from the train station in Aizu Wakamatsu. The hotel in on the river and has the feeling of an Edo period inn. Aizu Wakamatsu is a large and rather ordinary looking city but there are about three historical sites that they are proud of. I didn't have time to visit them but the city would be disappointing if you are looking for a charming old place. There are alot of highways and trucks and uninteresting buildings. I also thought of staying in Koriyama but when I stay it from the train, I am glad I didn't because it is a large bland industrial center.
by motsuki rate this post as useful

reply to this thread