Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Bringing Rice into Japan 2008/5/16 21:24
Is there any restriction for bringing rice from Singapore into Japan? I like to bring some for a friend. Thank you.
by KM  

Rice 2008/5/17 18:37
KM,

No problem.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

bringing rice 2008/5/17 18:45
I'm sure you can, coz I've brought about anything to Japan. My boyfriend works in Japan, and I've brought in things from mangosteens to glutinous rice dumplings. But remember, ONLY REASONABLE AMOUNTS FOR PERSONAL USE.

Customs have strict regulations against bringing in food items especially fresh foods and livestock, but for dry items, they usually do not care unless the amount is excessive.

For rice, I'd say a kilogram or two should be very safe. Please don't try to bring a 5 or 10kg sack of rice! You are wasting your own luggage allowance, and Japanese rice is so good anyway!

by Eilin rate this post as useful

Bringing Rice into Japan 2008/5/20 23:12
I actually intend to bring 10 kg pack, or may 2 x 5 kg pack. i hope it is not a problem with custom. One of my friends requested for it. luggage allowance is not an issue as i have 4 person travelling, so should have sifficient baggage allowance.
by KM rate this post as useful

reply to this thread