Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

how to choose temple lodgings Mount Koya 2008/5/17 14:47
My sister and I will be travelling to Japan in June/July. We will spend one night on Mount Koya. We would like to participate in a Buddhist service, but from what I read not all temples offer them. Does anyone have suggestions of temples and services they have experienced? I have been to the skukubo website and find the list of choices overwhelming.
by sunflwrgrl  

Mt Koya lodging experience 2008/5/17 22:45
I stayed at Shojoshin-in 2 years ago. (Booked via japanguesthouses.com) The location is convenient, and the lodging appeared to be very large.

It's a wonderful experience, especially the food. Breakfast and dinner are held in a small room (about 8 or so people, depending on the number of guests there.)

There is a buddhist service in the morning, and it is asked of the guest to attend.

The lodging was very comfortable and had modern toilets etc...

Enjoy!
by Scott rate this post as useful

I'd like an answer as well 2008/5/18 02:05
I am travenning in Oct to Koyto and Nikko and I hope someone answers as well
by Abhi rate this post as useful

. 2008/5/18 07:44
I looked at the www.japaneseguesthouses.com website.

they all looked great, but we went with Shojosin-in, and will be staying there for a night at the beginning if June. we just looked at the pictures and read guest reviews and looked at this site. Lots of people have asked questions about the Buddhist temple stay, so there have been a few recommendations floating around.
by thesweeny rate this post as useful

I am going by myself 2008/5/18 18:26
I swear I have read somewheer that JPN guesthouses need more than 1 person at anytime ?
by Abhi rate this post as useful

. 2008/5/18 19:16
Abhi, when I looked through the places on www.japaneseguesthouses.com there is information down the bottom of the page. Here it has things like checkin time, checkout time, whether credit cards are accepted, and whether single travellers are accepted.
by thesweeny rate this post as useful

reply to this thread