Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

San-in Line Train 2008/5/18 01:40
I'd like information about this colourful train, 山陰本線観光列車 みすゞ潮彩, which appears to run along the San-in coastline. I saw it on this website http://www.tawarayama-onsen.com, but I cannot read Japanese.

I'd like to travel on it sometime in mid to late November this year, and would like to know where it goes from and to, how long it takes and how much it costs. Any assistance or information in English would be appreciated.
by Southern-Belle1  

... 2008/5/18 08:36
The timetable for November is not published yet, but the trains seems to be running daily with the exception of some short periods.

In 2007, for examplem it run daily during November, but then it was not running from December 3-7.
by Uji rate this post as useful

... 2008/5/18 08:38
The train runs between Shimonoseki and Senzaki. The one way fare is 1280 yen.

How long does it take? 2008/5/18 10:20
Thanks Uji.

How long does the trip take from Shimonoseki to Senzaki? Does the train run in both directions? Could it be done as a day trip from Shimonoseki?

I want to go to O-mi-jima Island, and am wondering whether to go up there as a day trip from Shomonoseki, or whether to stay there overnight and continue to Akiyoshido Cave, stay overnight there, and then on to Hiroshima?
by Southern-Belle1 rate this post as useful

... 2008/5/18 11:06
It takes two hours one way between Shmonoseki and Senzaki. There are two train per day in both directions, but the second train only operates between Shimonoseki and Takibe.

The current timetable is as follows:

10:36 16:45 Shimonoseki
11:48 17:56 Takibe
12:46 Senzaki

12:56 Senzaki
13:48 18:00 Takibe
15:00 19:04 himonoseki

reply to this thread