Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Nikko nice? 2008/5/18 15:52
Hi,

I am planning for a day trip to Nikko from Tokyo.

Issit worth to go? I see from the website that the main things we see are temple, shrines and mausoleum.

If I am only planning 1 day of a side trip from tokyo, are there any other reccomendation to other city?

Is Yokohama ok?
by Jason Chan  

... 2008/5/18 15:55
If you are not interested in shrines and temples, Nikko is not the ideal side trip. If you are, it is a highly recommended side trip.

Other possible side trips are listed on the Tokyo page:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2164.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Nikko Nice? 2008/5/18 16:34
We had an overnight stay in Nikko and found that this was barely enough time to visit the lake & falls which were worthwhile be about a 3 hour round trip and very expensive trip approxs $50 Au return. Nikko township was ok but we were shrined out a bit. My suggestion for a day trip is Kamakura. I know it seems like a staple tourist spot to go but if you get off at Kitta Kamakura there is a short Hike over a lovely mountain to Kamakura. We caught a glimps of Mt Fuji at the top. It's great to travel around on foot. The best part was the quiet hour walking over the small mountain. The trip is also cheaper.
by Julie & Ant rate this post as useful

reply to this thread