Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

100 yen store in Machida 2008/5/18 17:24
I've heard the largest 100 Yen store is in Machida. However, I can't seem to find that station. Is it the same as Machiya?

And where is harajuku station?
by giraffez  

... 2008/5/18 19:39
However, I can't seem to find that station. Is it the same as Machiya?

No, it is not the same station. Machida is a city in the western suburbs of Tokyo. It can be reached in 30 minutes from Shinjuku by Odakyu Railways.

And where is harajuku station?

On the Yamanote Line, 5 minutes south of Shinjuku:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3006.html

To look up train routes:
http://www.jorudan.co.jp/english/norikae/
by Uji rate this post as useful

large 100yen shops 2008/5/18 19:51
The largest ones are in Machida(Southern Tokyo Prefecture) and Funabashi(between central Tokyo and NRT). These 2 are the largest.

The one near JR Kinshicho station(3 stops from Akihabara) is also very large and conveniently located if you are in central Tokyo.

by Ts rate this post as useful

harajuku 2008/5/18 21:24
is Daiso Harajuku (a few steps from Harajuku Station) any good? And is it just as big as the one in machida?
by giraffez rate this post as useful

Giga store list 2008/5/19 00:37
by xexstyle rate this post as useful

. 2008/5/19 03:14
Daiso Harajuku is nowhere near the size of the Giga stores. Machida and Funabashi are both around 6,600 sq. meters. The Harajuku location is only around 1,000 sq. meters.
by RobBeer rate this post as useful

Other option 2008/5/19 08:07
You also have a 3rd option; which is not so far from Tokyo itself, which is the Tokyo arcakit store; which is just next to Kinshicho station. It has 3300 sq. meters and Kinshicho is just about 10 minutes away from Akihabara on the Sobu line, which can be ridden on Shinjuku.
by Aerond rate this post as useful

100 yen store in Machida 2008/5/19 17:42
yes
by emily rate this post as useful

reply to this thread