Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

free day in tokyo - how best to use it? 2008/5/19 16:03
i have 1 free day in Tokyo with 2 teenager kids (14-17) on a Friday. Shud we use this day to visit Tokyo Station (understand huge underground shops) and Shinjuku. Is there other interesting stuff to see or visit that is very Japanese? (sorry, no museums pls). thanks, chin
by sin mom  

ideas 2008/5/19 16:55
Without knowing what else you're doing in Japan I'd suggest activities such as: Tokyo Tower, O-Daiba Island, Fish markets, Tokyo Dome City (for the rides), Disneyland/DisneySea. Shibuya/Shinjuku districts.
by Mel rate this post as useful

The Imperial Palace 2008/5/19 21:24
How about Kokyo ?(the East Gardens of the Imperial Palace)
But it might be boring for teenagers.

http://www.kunaicho.go.jp/e17/ed17-05.html
by kimkara rate this post as useful

... 2008/5/19 23:01
What kind of activity would u like to do on that day?

-Tokyo is a WONDERFULL city for shopping.
-Tokyo is a good city for amusument parks.
-Tokyo is not a good city for historical attraction.

I reccomend seafront parks in Odaiba or Kasai if u'd like to take your children to (non-amusument)parks.
by Ts rate this post as useful

my suggestions 2008/5/20 00:37
For teenagers I think this will appeal them;

In the morning you can take them to Odaiba and visit the Fuji TV building and the Science museum for emergent and innovation, and in the evening you could take them to Akihabara; I think theyLll be amazed with the arcades, huge manga and electronic equipment shops.
by Aerond rate this post as useful

Also... 2008/5/20 01:49
They may enjoy going through Shinjuku and Harajuku. While it won't be a Sunday (for the Harajuku bridge), there's still plenty to see and shop around for (if they're into any of the Japanese fashions). They may also like to stop at a Bookoff for some used manga at really good prices. Shibuya is fun to stroll through, and one can spend hours shopping in Tokyu Hands. I can suggest more, but I'm not sure what gender the teens are, and what they're into.
by Nika rate this post as useful

Museums 2008/5/20 09:25
Yes, the emerging science museum at Odaiba was very good. I know you requested 'no museums' but the highlights of my trip to Tokyo were museums. The Tokyo Natinal Museum at Ueno is also highly recommended.
by Mel rate this post as useful

reply to this thread