Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

shinjuku - kamakura 2008/5/20 13:38
how much does it cost from shinjuku to kamakura by taxi? And how long?
by ellya ratna  

. 2008/5/20 20:09
I would guestimate about 20,000 Yen and 60+ minutes. The train would cost 890 Yen.
by RobBeer rate this post as useful

Try the free pass 2008/5/20 20:27
The taxi would be very expensive. You would be best to take the train.
Here is the page on this site outlining the Kamakura freepass which leave from Shinjuku
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2358_003.html
by Kittywheaty rate this post as useful

Taxi 2008/5/20 20:30
Ellya,

Just out of interest, I tried plugging in Shinjuku to Kamakura in the fare calculator site below.
http://www.taxisite.com/

It suggests fares between around 15,000 and 19,000 yen, depending on whether you use expressways. It will be over 20,000 at night. The journey time is over 2 hours.

Depending on the time of day, I would say there is a high chance that many drivers would refuse to take you for that journey.

So now that you've had your question answered, maybe you can tell us *why* you would want to take a taxi for that journey?
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

... 2008/5/20 21:35
Ellya,

In Japan, we dont rely on taxies so much as they are very expensive and public transportation in a city and suburbs are so efficient. Please check public transportation to Kamakura if you are one of average travellers to Japan.

If you are still prepared to pay 20000yen for a taxi, I would join a full-covered organized tour.

by Ts rate this post as useful

longer 2008/5/20 21:47
From point to point, it would also be quicker by train. There is almost no good reason to go by taxi.
by Sandy rate this post as useful

shinjuku - kamakura 2008/5/20 23:52
Thanks for all of the replies. I think that getting kamakura by taxi is more comfortable than take the train ,as we are travelling with children (under 10 ten years old). and the totally we are 5 person. So, I think that taking taxi is more cheaper than take train as we done in Hongkong and China. But, now, I think that is different at all.

Thanks for the info
by ellya ratna rate this post as useful

reply to this thread