Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Walk from Shinjuku to Park Hyatt? 2008/5/20 23:56
I will be taking the Shinkansen from Kyoto to Shinagawa and then taking the Yamanote line to Shinjuku. I will be staying at the Park Hyatt.

It is difficult to tell from the map whether that is a reasonable walk with wheeled suitcases (partly because Shinjuku Station is so large, and I don't know where I will be disgorged). So, the question is whether I should simply walk or instead take a taxi. Thanks.
by Maverick2008  

Park Hyatt 2008/5/21 10:44
Maverick,

It is quite a walk (the hotel website says 12 minutes) if you have heavy luggage. There is an underground walkway for most of the route, which is easier than walking at street level, but it is difficult to find at first if you are not familiar with the station.
The hotel site says there is a courtesy bus from the station, which might be worth inquiring about.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

I have a different opinion. 2008/5/21 22:55
Dave,

I have traveled the path near the Park Hyatt many times for work, and yes it's about a 12min walk but not a difficult one. Also, the building is a bright white, so it tends to stand out from the rest of the near by government/office buildings.

Maverick,

When you get to Shinjuku Station, take main South Exit. It can be a pain when leaving the South Exit, because it’s been under construction for a while now. Though, don’t fret you will be treated to some open air live shows that are playing at the South Exit (Sometimes some great jazz bands play).

When you leave the South Exit take a right, and head west down Koshu Kaido street. Walk a little over a ¼ of a mile, while making sure you stay on the north side of the road. You should pass over about 5 crosswalks, passed the 5th you make right, and then at about 50 yards make a left (which is also your first left). From there the Hyatt building will be on your left.

If it sounds too much of a pain, a taxi ride will cost you about 700 to 1400yen.

I hope this helps some.
by Jake rate this post as useful

Shinjuku 2008/5/21 23:37
If it is your first time to Tokyo and Shinjuku station, take a cab. The Shinjuku station is huge and has many 'South' exits, it's very easy to get disorientated (because of the many signs and many people). But don't worry, so far, everybody has found an exit and arrived safely at the Hyat :)
by Bert rate this post as useful

reply to this thread