Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Exchanging money in Japan 2008/5/22 07:08
I have researched a lot just now about exchanging money in Japan and where to get the best rate.

1. I understand that post office have a good rate. Do they accept travelerfs checks in UDS?

2. I also found out on a site where international postal money order is the best way. But what do I put for the address on the PAY TO side? What do I need to bring if Ifm paying it to myself?

3. Big banks seem to give better rate on travelerfs check. I will be in Tokyo, what are some big banks there that has a good rate?

4. Please feel free to give me any tips you have ^ ^

by Akimeriya  

answer 2008/5/22 11:25

Make it payable to yourself. Be sure to have ID on you other than your passport that has your US address and your name on it. Also be sure to have your Japanese address with you (written in Japanese).
by acase rate this post as useful

reply to this thread