Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Intracompany Visa Requirements 2008/5/24 19:09
Hello everyone. I am currently planning to set up a representative office in Tokyo for the company I am currently working for in the UK.

I have few doubts about how to apply for a VISA as the MOFA website does not cover all I need...

1) Is my current UK employer going to be my sponsor?

2) Do I need anyone from Japan to contact the Immigration Office and Apply for a certificate of Eligibility? Or can my Boss do this from here?

Any help/advice would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks,

by achilleuk78  

Japanese Embassy? 2008/5/25 08:58
This is the one of the things that your country's Japanese Embassy is there for- to help facilitate trade and business between the two countries. Have they not been any help to you? I would have thought they could provide plenty of information on this kind of topic.

If you haven't checked with them yet, that is definitely your next stop.
by lauren rate this post as useful

... 2008/5/25 19:56
Intra-company Transferee visa would be for someone working for a branch of a non-Japanese corporate eneity in Japan. So if you are going to be THE branch/representative office, I wonder if this visa would be applicable in the first place? "Investor/Business Manager" COULD be the correct category... so, yes, it would be best to check with the Embassy of Japan in your country.
by ... rate this post as useful

Thank you 2008/5/26 17:02
Thanks for the msgs. I have not had the chance to contact the Embassy yet, but I will definitely make it my next step.

by achilleuk78 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread