Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Worried about Salary 2008/5/26 19:07
Hi All,
My home company is doing internal transfer for me to another company which is in Tokyo but i am worrying about salary structure and expanses there in that expansive city, My salary will be 348500 per month without income tax, but a decent accommodation will be provided by company, I will go there with my family (my wife and 6 months old baby) Will 348500 yen is ok salary ? Can any one tell about income tax in Japan?
by Rajeev1980  

Tax 2008/5/27 12:14
Hi All,
My home company is doing internal transfer for me to another company which is in Tokyo but i am worrying about salary structure and expanses there in that expansive city, My salary will be 348500 per month without income tax, but a decent accommodation will be provided by company, I will go there with my family (my wife and 6 months old baby) Will 348500 yen is ok salary ? Can any one tell about income tax in Japan?

Based on that amount of money, and that you have two dependents, you will probably pay less than 10% including social insurance, and health.

Will the company also pay for gas, electricity, water, etc in the accommodation?
by Sandy rate this post as useful

Answers 2008/5/27 16:26
No, company will not pay gas, electricity, water, etc in the accommodation,

Also can you tell me what an insurance fee for accommodation as it is there in my offer letter.

The health insurance will be paid by my company but nothing return about social insurance.
Can you please clarify all that Also for my monthly salary how much amount i need to pay as tax ?
by Rajeev1980 rate this post as useful

More details 2008/5/27 18:03
in my offer it is like -

1. 4184400 Yen Gross Salary per year
2 0 to 20% of Gross Variable per year
(Performance base )

3 Tax:-
a. Statutory Tax and Social
Insurance Tax will be
deducted from my monthly
salary,

b. Total Tax to Japanese
Govt will be around 15%
Can anyone advise How ok it is ?

by Rajeev1980 rate this post as useful

tax and insurance 2008/5/27 21:15
That sounds fairly normal to me. The insurance fee for accommodation is probably in case there is a fire or serious damage to the apartment while you are staying in it and is also normal.
by Sira rate this post as useful

reply to this thread