Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

getting around tokyo 2008/5/29 15:10
Im planing a trip for me and my friend to go to tokyo for about 10-14 days. Im tryng to figure out what kind of pass i need exactly to get around tokyo we will spend most of our time in the city but would like to take maby a day to travel outside to go hikeing or something like that. Ive seen numerous passes (i.e. all day pass for JR trains) but i dont know what rail system i need to be on. Is there like a metro card that will give me unlimited access to all busses trains and subways for all 10-14 days? and if not what pass do i need to get to be able to easily get around all of tokyo?
by jizzle13  

Metro pass? 2008/5/29 20:02
all day pass for JR trains
check this page first
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2017.html
by Ts rate this post as useful

just wait 2008/5/31 05:26
Don't worry about your day trip ticket until you know what you are doing. After you have a plan you can buy your day trip tickets at travel companies in most of the larger stations. Most of the time you can get a "package" deal for a day trip and save a little money.
by daz88 rate this post as useful

getting around Tokyo 2008/5/31 09:17
I always recommend people get a Suica or Pasmo card for getting around Tokyo & its suburbs. It can be used for JR, private lines, subways and buses in the Tokyo area. I'm not sure how far out it covers (I tried to use it in Takayama once and they laughed at me!) but it takes the work out of getting on/off various transportation. You can get these cards at machines labelled for them. There is a 500 yen deposit and then you can put as much money on it as you want, 500 yen starting minimum. You can get the 500 yen deposit back I believe though I haven't tried that yet.
The only thing is, this card offers no discount, it simply makes things easier.
Oh, it can also be used at some vending machines and some convenience stores.
by Spendthrift rate this post as useful

Suica or Pasmo card 2008/5/31 09:30
Suica or Pasmo cards are easy, but you do not get any discounts at all.
If you get JR one day Tokyo pass when you mainly go JR, and then one of either ALL subway, or Toei or Metro, you can save money. In some cases, if you are just visiting one or two places, just get single tickets.
by Sandy rate this post as useful

reply to this thread