Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Middle age parents & Japan 2008/5/29 18:16
So I'm going on High School exchange from Finland to Japan. My parents have told me they want to visit me during my year, but I'm not sure if they understand that the Japanese don't speak very good English.

I know there is a lot to experience in Japan for them, but could they manage and enjoy their vacation without me (assuming that my Japanese is good enough by then) having to help them with everything?
by Mikko  

Too Easy 2008/5/30 10:11
my parents just spent a week in Japan with only English and they are nearly 70, they really enjoyed themselves.
by Dan rate this post as useful

Should be fine 2008/5/30 19:19
My parents are in their mid 50s, have visited Japan twice already and will be back for a third visit next week. They have travelled all over the place without me as I had to work, gone to restaurants by themselves, caught trains etc., and had a great time. Japan is one of the easier countries to travel in really, even with no Japanese.
by SH rate this post as useful

enjoy! 2008/5/30 22:00
As long as they are in famous tourist cities such as Kyoto, Tokyo, Nara or Himeji, your parents will have no serious problem when getting around.
by Ts rate this post as useful

reply to this thread