Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Is there really family visa in japan? 2008/5/31 01:56
My daughter is married to a japanese national and lived in japan for 3 yrs. They had invited us (parents)and visited there 2 times already as tourist.But they wanted us again to visit back for a longer period higher than 3 mths preferably 1 yr. or more. My daughter heard about so-called family visa in w/c they will be allowed to apply for us. Could it be possible? Or..is there any other way to acquire any form of visa in order to stay there longer? Please help us...
by bricks  

Family visa 2008/5/31 09:38

There is no such thing as a "Family Visa", only the Dependent Visa, which is for the spouse or children of non-Japanese residents.
If you wish to stay in Japan for a longer period than allowed by the Temporary Visitor Visa, you will need to qualify for a visa (e.g. work visa) in your own right.
You can see details on the official page below.

by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

reply to this thread