Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Where/How to meet J poeple locally? 2008/6/1 03:46
okay, basically I'm currently studying Japanese at Uni. I lived in Japan for 6 months prior to that, and so have made quite a few Japanese friends and am accustomed to speaking it frequently.

But from this month I've moved back to my home town and have to deal with a 4 month summer break. Most people would be delighted, but unfortunately for me I don't know one single Japanese person here, and am worried that 4 months of no Japanese will have terrible consequences on my language ability!

So my question is, how do I go about finding local Japanese people? I live in Bournemouth in the UK. It's a seaside resort with lots of English language schools (hence potentially lots of Japanese students). But I can't just approach the schools and ask if I can befriend their students due to the British ''health & Safety/Privacy/Sharing information'' obsession...They'd tell me to f off, in a polite manner ofcourse.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated :)
by Deano  

I don't think they would..... 2008/6/2 02:23
I dont think they would Deano but they have a duty of care to the students they look after.
There are many Japanese clubs in the UK have you tried googling for them? Most big Uni's have clubs as well.
by Dwane Dibbly rate this post as useful

reply to this thread