Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Itenary for July/August 2008/6/1 14:43
Hello, I plan to visit Japan after I finish up college this summer. I finish on July 2rd, I orginally planned on going that day or the next to be able to catch the fireworks in Japan, but decided not to.

Anyways, my expenses are not unlimited, but are also not little. I suppose $4-6k, not including airfare, maybe more when the time comes. I can speak enough Japanese to get around and handle myself.

I have basically till August 15th to do whatever, I am not in any hurry or anything of the sort. I want -new- experiences and want to enjoy new things, things I have never seen before and hopefully will one day see again.

I plan on arriving and staying in Tokyo then I really do not know what to do or what would be best to see. Yes, I have looked through 20 or so pages on here. Nobody seems to have the same desire, rather, they are saying for 10 days or shorter or do not wish to do what I want.

I really would like to see:
Soma-Nomaoi Festival
Tenjin Festival
Gion Festival
Fireworks display later in the month of July.

Early in August:
Nebuta Festival
Akita Kanto Festival
Sendai Tanabta Fest
Awa Dance

Does this seem fine? Can I travel to each one of these?

Also, what would be some other things to experience? Nightlife would be a plus, hot springs? Concerts? Social gatherings?

Thank you for your reply.
by Aaron  

... 2008/6/8 09:08
Note that many of these festivals you have listed are very popular events. Aomori and Tokushima, in particular have probably already been booked out a long time ago for this year's Nebuta and Awa Odori festivals. You should plan the trip to these kind of events far in advance.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread