Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Working visa, University degree 2008/6/3 07:59
People say you need a college degree to get a working visa as it is one of the requirements. What is that mean accredited or recognized school? I graduated from a REAL university in my country but how do I know that it is recognized by immigration. Is there a list ? or as long as its real then its good enough ? I have all my transcripts as well.
by Curious  

... 2008/6/3 09:56
People say you need a college degree to get a working visa as it is one of the requirements.

Yes, you need a bachelor's degree to get a working visa. However for some jobs you can waive this requirement if you have many years of working experience in a particular field.

What is that mean accredited or recognized school? I graduated from a REAL university in my country but how do I know that it is recognized by immigration.

An accredited school is one that is "officially recognized as meeting the essential requirements, as of academic excellence." You'll have to check but most "REAL universities", as you put it, should be accredited. Requiring accredited schools prevent people from purchasing diplomas from fly-by-night diploma mills.

Is there a list ? or as long as its real then its good enough ? I have all my transcripts as well.

Your school is probably fine but you should ask them if they are accredited. If they are they will tell you. If they won't tell you or they don't know then they are likely not accredited.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

... 2008/6/9 13:21
Just ran across this link explaining more about school accreditation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Educational_accreditation
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread