Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

best way to get from narita to tokyo 2008/6/4 13:37
Alright, well this isn't one of those questions about getting from Narita airport to Tokyo. I have an apartment about 10 km from Narita city center and wish to get to Tokyo (i can navigate from the Tokyo city center to the other districts on my own). I have a few questions.

1. Anyone here live in Narita?

2. Is there an economical way to spend the night in tokyo so that I can return to my apartment the next day?

i think I have a good way to get to Tokyo station (which is through the Highway bus. this stops very close to my apartment). Any help is appreciated.
by Sean  

Night in Tokyo 2008/6/4 15:50
Sean,

2. Is there an economical way to spend the night in tokyo so that I can return to my apartment the next day?

In increasing order of cost:
Manga kissa, capsule hotel, business hotel... etc.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

hmm 2008/6/4 16:58
thanks for the answer. Now how much money are we talking about here? Also is a Manga kissa something I can just walk into without reservation?

by Sean rate this post as useful

... 2008/6/5 09:55
Now how much money are we talking about here?

Roughly estimating:
Manga kissa (2000-3000), capsule hotel (3000-5000), business hotel (7000+)

Another option would be an all night spa which costs roughly the same as Manga Kissa.

Also is a Manga kissa something I can just walk into without reservation?

Yes, Manga/Internet Kissa are Comic or Internet cafes (for those that don't know) that tend to have private booths where you can stay overnight. Reservations not required.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

thanks 2008/6/5 11:58
Thank you very much for your help. I hope to make my first journey to Tokyo this weekend!

. 2008/6/5 15:59
Find a 24/7 Mcdonalds, buy a cup of 100yen coffee every hour from 12-5 (or whatever time the first train is) 500yen.
by John rate this post as useful

haha 2008/6/5 16:05
one of these weekends I just might do that. Thanks for the idea. I am looking to have some fun in the red light district sometime.

reply to this thread