Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Requirements for climbing Mt. Fuji? 2008/6/6 13:01
Hi, I have read through various websites for Mnt Fuji and not one of them have mentioned as to whether you need a permit, visa or a guide to climb. I am assuming you don't? As I climbt Mnt Kinabalu earlier this year and we needed to pay for all sorts..Don't want any last minute surprises :) Any info wld be much a prreciated! Thanks Jo
by Jo  

... 2008/6/6 13:08
Hi, I have read through various websites for Mnt Fuji and not one of them have mentioned as to whether you need a permit, visa or a guide to climb. I am assuming you don't? As I climbt Mnt Kinabalu earlier this year and we needed to pay for all sorts..Don't want any last minute surprises :) Any info wld be much a prreciated! Thanks Jo

Nope, assuming that you will be climbing in season then you don't need any permits, visas, or guides to climb Fuji (apart from the visa you need to enter the country, unless you come from a visa-waiver country). Just follow the throngs of people headed up the mountain and make sure you take the correct path down so that you end up where you started from and not on the other side of the mountain.

From what I've read about Kinabalu (i.e. I glanced at the wikipedia page just now) Fuji should be about the same if not easier.

Personally I don't find climbing Fuji that exciting except for the sunrise view. With that in mind I would suggest starting around 9-10 at night and peaking just before the sun comes out.

Here's some general info on climbing Fuji in case you haven't seen it yet:

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6901.html
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread