Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

hostel in august 2008/6/8 07:31
I was just wondering is it easy to get hostels in august if I don't book in advance? Meaning I could just walk in/ book 1 week in advance?

I'll be entering a languange school there, so I was planning to do some traveling in the weekends.

I'm alone and all I want is a place to sleep during my weekend travels, save me from numeroous day-trips :)

Thanks in advance for your replies!
by nana  

... 2008/6/8 08:42
It is very risky, especially in mid August and especially in popular tourist destinations.
by Uji rate this post as useful

thank you for the reply 2008/6/8 23:51
I see... Thank you for the warning :)

How about transporation though? Would I be able to do unplanned day trips to various places with ease?

What I mean is... I'm based in Okazaki, Nagoya. Would I be able to get night bus/train tickets without bookings? Or is it too risky as well?
by nana rate this post as useful

holiday week and school vacation 2008/6/9 00:28
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2286.html

Pls read this first.

Since you are in Greater Nagoya, it wont be too crowded to do daytrips in the region during Obon, but I agree with Uji that you should not plan interregional travel to Tokyo or Kyoto/Osaka then.
by Ts rate this post as useful

reply to this thread