Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

legal drinking age? 2008/6/9 12:49
how old do you have to be to drink in tokyo? and how old do you have to be to get into clubs like womb, ageha etc?

also, what form of ID is needed? is passport okay?
by tben  

Osake ha hatati ni nattekara. 2008/6/9 17:37
The law prohibit the person of less than 20 years old from drinking.
by taka rate this post as useful

night out 2008/10/14 16:36
hey guys,
ive read that the drinking age is 20 in japan, is that right? so to enter a club you'll have to be 20 years old? what sort of ID do i need to carry to get checked out? would my Australian drivers license be ok? or would i have to carry my passport
Thanks in advanced.
by jtam rate this post as useful

. 2008/10/14 16:42
As the above poster said, you must be 20 or older to drink. I am pretty sure this means you must be at least 20 to get into a club. I have only been asked for ID a handful of times in the hundreds of times I have been to clubs. An ID from your own country probably won't be accepted and so you should take your passport.
by Smoke rate this post as useful

... 2008/10/14 16:50
http://www.womb.co.jp/monthlyflyer/womb_flyer.pdf

I just checked Womb Shibuya's website, and their PDF flyer clearly states that you need to be 20 or older, and bring photo ID with you.
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread