Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Asakusa or Ikebukuro 2008/6/10 13:34
I cannot decide which place is more convenient to most amenities, to stay in Asakusa or Ikebukuro?
Thanks.
by Tan  

Depends on what you want to see and do 2008/6/10 17:30
Hi!

Depends on what you want to do, Ikebukuro is close to the Yamanote line, which has easy acces to Shinjuku, Shibuya and Harajuku which are the best places to see Tokyo at night.

On the other hand, Asakusa is the tradicional part of Tokyo, closer to Akihabara if you are kind of a geek and you are into gadgets, games and manga.

Hope it helps.

by sandrakan rate this post as useful

this is a gd place 2008/6/10 19:08
ikebukuro...
by ゆみ rate this post as useful

Ikebukuro 2008/6/10 23:24
I would suggest Ikebukuro. It is close to the Yamanote line, which you may want to make extensive use of if you plan to see a great deal of Tokyo. It's also a more metropolitan area, and you're likely to find almost anything you need there.

Don't get me wrong, Asakusa is wonderful, I'm not saying you *shouldn't* stay there, but I see more convenience to staying in Ikebukuro.
by Kelly rate this post as useful

what about Ueno 2008/6/11 10:34
Thank you all for responding. As I do more research, I read that Ueno is a better location as there's direct train/bus connection to Narita Airport which is also my concern as we are a family of 4 adults with 2 oldies in tow. How many hours do I need to start my trip to the airport? The immense size of Tokyo put me in a quandary to choose the best location to suit the young and old. Please advise so I can decide once and for all. We would be in Tokyo early November for 5 days.Thank you very much and have a happy day.
by Tan rate this post as useful

. 2008/6/11 13:25
I know there are others who can give better advice on this site. My opinion is... Don't limit your hotel accomodations to access Narita Express. Yes, The train is cheaper. Limo bus is more costly, But easier. Many hotels in and across Tokyo will put you at the door if you use Limo bus. If hotel cost is a problem, Do research on places close to the Limo bus drop sites and go from there. Most of the Limo bus drops are a little expensive. If you must stay in Ueno, Look here.

http://www.hoteledoya.com/main.html
by Danny San rate this post as useful

reply to this thread