Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

sakura hotel jimbocho 2008/6/15 18:17
Has anyone stayed at the Sakura Hotel in Jimbocho recently? We are a family of 4 booked in to stay there for 7 nights in a 4 bed dorm room. I was wondreing if it is suitable for a family. Our children are 12 and 14.
by sonya  

sakura hotel 2008/6/16 07:03
I am Japanese living in US, and know some people who have stayed there, but not as a family. Rather, my friends stayed in single rooms (they weren't traveling together). I've heard that the employees were helpful and friendly, the facilities were clean, and that the free internet in either the lobby or cafe was great if you don't bring a laptop.

Tokyo is expensive as far as accommodations are concerned. My only worry is that as your children are teenagers, the close quarters may cause some arguments and what not. A slightly more expensive option is to see if they allow cots in a double room, which would involve emailing the hotel. But this all depends on your taste and budget, and of course, if the hotel permits it.

This hotel is not located in the most interesting part of Tokyo, hence why it is a good price. It is not inconvenient by any means, but the area is mostly home to book shops, both new and used. There is very little near the hotel that a 12 and 14 year old would probably enjoy, however, the hotel (I think) is near the Hanzomon Subway line, with easy access to Shibuya, an area kids that age would probably love.

Hope this was helpful

PS- Sakura company also has a hotel in Ikebukuro, and one near Shinjuku in Hatagaya, but these 2 are slightly more expensive and do not have dormitory options
by Kazuyuki78 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread