Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Downloading J-pop overseas 2008/6/17 01:12
Does anyone know a website I could use to legally buy mp3s of J-pop music?

I really want to get hold of the new album by Japanese pop group Superfly. But I don't have access to iTunes JP, iTunes UK do not have it, and it's expensive to buy on Amazon JP (what with extra P&P to pay)

I found plenty of Japanese download sites but none of them seem to allow customers not living in Japan.

And yes, I'm sure there are illegal sites with mp3s I want, but I don't want to go down that route - rather pay for music properly.
by Nero  

It may sound obvious, but... 2008/6/17 11:27
Have you tried looking for purchase/download links directly on the artists' website? Or their label's? Amazon downloads tend to be pretty in-line with costs for other sites in my experience, you may just have to bite the bullet.
by Jered rate this post as useful

I'd 2008/6/17 13:37
I'd try to find a friend going to Japan and just have them purchase a Japanese iTunes gift card. Either that or you can go to a Japanese bookstore that carries Japanese CDs and purchase from them.
by Dan rate this post as useful

... 2008/6/18 16:58
Thanks guys for your advise. Looks like I have no choice but to try and source CD rather than find download. Guess I'll be asking one of my friends to send it to me.
by Nero rate this post as useful

itunes 2008/6/19 05:36
i've used jpopmp3s.com to buy a 2000yen card. They sell them at a bit higher price but they email you the code instead of posting you the card so it may end up cheaper than amazon.
by Oliver rate this post as useful

iTunes Japan 2008/6/23 19:27
You can buy iTunes Japan cards from jlist.

http://www.jbox.com/PRODUCT/ITUNESCARD

They also give instructions on how to use it.
by Lily rate this post as useful

reply to this thread