Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hakodate to Towada/Aomori 2008/6/18 17:55
Travelling from Hakodate to Aomori by the JR line (going to buy a 14 day pass). Planning to visit Lake Towadako. However note the limtations of bus. If i stay at an Onsen near Lake Towadako. I note there is a JR line called Towadako Minami? Is there anyway to connect from Hakodate to there?
by kahlan1003  

JR Buses 2008/6/19 15:06
When the Shinkansen only ran as far as Morioka, there was 1 JR bus per day from Lake Towada to Morioka through Towada-Minami.

Since the Shinkansen now goes to Hachinohe, the only JR bus from Lake Towada goes to Hachinohe.

If you want to use your JR Pass, you have to go through Hachinohe. You can still get to Towada Minami by bus from Yasumiya (Lake Towada) but you'll have to buy a ticket at the souvenir shop.
by Anaguma rate this post as useful

Hakodate to Towada/Aomori 2008/6/21 00:06
Thanks guess I will be travelling by JR to Hachinohe. Noticed that there is one bus at 10.20am and another at 1.30pm arriving at 5.30pm to Yasumiya (Lake Towada). However returning from Lake Towada Yasumiya to Hachinohe the bus departs at 3.30pm. any later bus than that?

thanks
by kahlan1003 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread