Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How can I book a "Shukubo" in Koyasan? 2008/6/20 01:45
We are going to Japan in July and would like to go to Koyasan for a day. Do any of you know how to book a "Shukubo" there and the prices. Please, tell me also about your "shukubo" experience.
by ML  

Great! 2008/6/20 10:32
You'll love Koyasan but it is all based on staying at least one night in a monastery and exploring the surrounds.
Google Koyasan to get onto monastery bookings - it's all easy.
by Connie Chiwa rate this post as useful

japaneseguesthouses.com 2008/6/20 14:43
Try this site. I booked the shojoshin-in through it last year.I think that's the right address, you can google it otherwise.
by r. rate this post as useful

Try Email Yochiin 2008/6/20 19:19
http://www007.upp.so-net.ne.jp/yochiin/english/index.html

I stayed there for two nights last year.
by Douglas rate this post as useful

Be aware... 2008/6/21 13:59
The monasteries got together a few yrs ago and standardised prices into low, medium and high. I think all but 1 or 2 monasteries joined this plan so you can save time shopping around.
If you choose the low category, your room could well have sliding door as wall partitions on both sides and you could hear almost every word said. I phoned the tourist info and also called some of the shubuko's before booking and was so glad I did.
by lccl rate this post as useful

reply to this thread