Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

The best food store in osaka? 2008/6/20 17:00
Hi everybody,

I'm working as Chef on a 140 ft sailing boat.This one left Auckland 3 weeks ago and suppose to arrive in 2 weeks.
I am actually in Europe but i'll meet the boat in osaka . I would like to know where i can find the best food products ?
Thanks a lot.
by charles  

food in Osaka 2008/6/21 05:11
According to a site in Google "The Kuromon Ichiba Market is a "food treasure chest" full of delicious products from all over Japan. This market serves as the kitchen for the Osaka Minami Area". Another entry:
Located in the Nipponbashi district (in the Minami Namba area), the Kuromon Market has been a marketplace for over 170 years. Today it is the place to come for sushi-grade fish, best quality meat, fresh vegetables and fruit, endless barrels of pickled seaweeds and vegetables, eggs from quail and duck, or a fresh sushi lunch at bargain prices.
I heard about that place before.kind of hard to give directions. you need a map of Osaka. it is located in Namba, just 5 minutes walk East of the Nankai rail terminal station (that station is within a huge complex with underground stores, department stores etc.) the marker is by the nipponbashi subway station for the Sennichimaie line AND the Sakaisuji line.Beware!! it is a long way from the water to carry lots of food! the port area itself is fairly big.
all big departments stores have great food floors in their basement but they are quite pricy..Osaka is said to have the best food in all of Japan.
by Auntie Bert rate this post as useful

reply to this thread