Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

buying a toyota car (new) 2008/6/23 14:18
Dear Sir/Madam,

We are migrating to Japan, Ichinoseki on 28 June (six days time) and will be buying a car (new).

What is you recommendation of a car which will be suitable to the cold weather in Ichinoseki.

Thank you,

Raymond
by raymond rankin  

Toyota 2008/6/23 18:51
Buying a new car in Japan requires proof of parking (a certificate you can get from the apartment where you will live).
Toyota is without a doubt the best value for money family car you can buy in Japan. There is always the option of buying a used car but you said you want to buy new so here it is.
Most of the low to medium range models are sold by two different dealers Toyota "Corolla" and "Nets". They can sell the exact same model sometimes with slightly different names and eventhough they are the same company they are in direct competition with each other (which is good for you). I'll get to which models I like soon but 1st is the pricing. The actual cost and the price on the tag are quite different when taxes and options are included. You can't do anything about the taxes but Toyota will give you a great discount on the options and some off the original price of the car. Because Toyota have the two dealers with the same cars you get a good quote from one then take it straight it to the other back and forth until they wont go any lower. I got a $5,500 discount doing this. I guess you will need someone to speak Japanese for you or maybe just in English might be to your advantage.
Now the models. Medium sized: I drive a new model Rav4.It's a great family car and better then the old 2000 model (my old car). There are the vans ,Noah / Voxy which aren't bad the Wish which is a 7 seater and nice to drive and the Isis Which I havent driven yet but for some reason is too expensive for what it is.
In general there are some Japanese domestic models if you're looking for something different and because all of the makers copy each other Toyota (I said it before and I'm saying it again) are the best value for money family car you can buy.
I could go on but I wont.
by EQuinn rate this post as useful

Welcome! 2008/6/30 15:56
Hey! Welcome to Ichinoseki! I live just south of you in Kurihara, Miyagi. Have fun with the tremmors, we are still having aftershocks after that giant earthquake in southern Iwate. Anyway, buying a car is really easy. There are dealerships all over the place. If you don't speak Japanese though it is a good idea to bring along someone who does.
by Kuronue rate this post as useful

reply to this thread