Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Cell phone message 2008/6/29 12:47
I was trying to call my bf in Japan on his cell phone, but I just keep on getting this message.. you know those automated messages with a woman's voice? I'm not sure what she's saying though.. like I can't tell if she's saying he's not in the area so there's no service so he can't pick up, or if it's something else. Does anybody know what the message would likely be saying? or tell me what the variety of messages would say possibly. I know that's kind of broad.. but all I can hear out of the whole thing is something like "blah blah denwa wa denpa no todokanai basho ni aruka.. blah blah haite ni .. blah blah kakarimasen"

hope someone can help! thanks!
by Jessica  

Phone message 2008/6/29 22:13
Jessica,

From those snippets, it looks like it's just the standard message you get when the other person is in an area with no signal or has his phone switched off. At least it's not saying the phone number no longer exists, so you will just need to keep trying. Apologies for possibly stating the obvious, but don't forget the tme difference, as people are more likely to have their phones switched off late at night.

by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

Thank you! 2008/6/30 04:41
Thanks Dave! Yeah, I make sure to call him when it's a reasonable time over there.. I usually call him when it's the middle of the night here so I know it's afternoon there. I still haven't been able to reach him for 2 days now, but I will keep trying. Thanks so much again!
by Jessica rate this post as useful

me too 2008/7/1 13:47
having same problem, this sucks

i've been trying for days..
by chnsx7 rate this post as useful

exactly! 2008/7/2 02:22
Yes, you're right! I have been trying for days now and it's still not going through. I don't know what in the world is going on.
by Jessica rate this post as useful

luck? 2008/7/12 13:57
have any luck? no luck so far, im going to call the phone card customer service and see if they can help...
by chnsx7 rate this post as useful

hmm 2008/7/12 16:39
Jessica,

is this the message youre getting?

Kochira wa NTT Docomo desu. Okake ni natta denwa wa denpa no todokanai basho ni aruka dengen ga haitte inaitame kakarimasen.

it means the phones off or out of the service area

i kept having this problem as well and i tried two different calling cards.. i would sometimes even get it when i called direct. it seems to be some kind of issue because id be talking to my friend online and she'd say her phone is on.. or she just made a phone call a few minutes before and it worked.. so its strange

anyway.. it seems to work for me now.. using an AT&T Worldwide PrePaid Phone Card .. the call rate to Japan isnt that great on it (at least on mine.. its like 35 cents/min to mobile phone) so 20 dollars gets you about an hour..

if youre using a calling card try dialing it direct and see if it goes through that way.. then youll know if its the calling card or not..

chnsx7 ,

good luck . i tried calling customer service when i had problems and they told me that they couldnt do anything because i was calling a mobile phone?? and that it was probably some problem on the receiving end and that they wouldnt refund me any credit.. and at that point it had used 5 dollars on just error messages .. its bull lol
but maybe you'll get lucky

hope that can help
by A rate this post as useful

reply to this thread