Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Where can I buy a ferret in Okinawa? 2008/7/5 18:19
My husband and I just moved to the island and we've been trying to find a pet store that sells ferrets or other small animals, we live on base and due to housing we can't have a cat or a dog.
by Sarah  

Chatan 2008/7/8 21:45
Go to Pet Box in (Mihama) Chatan, they sell all kinds of animals, big and small and exotic. Including ferrets :)

The store is close to the Starbucks opp. Lester Hospital. Just ask around if you cant find it, its pretty well known.
by Kate rate this post as useful

That's strange 2008/7/8 22:26
My son and his wife live in base-housing on Kadena and they have a dog and a cat. I was under the impression that you were allowed a maximum of two animals. Besides, if you weren't allowed to have pets, why would Karing Kennels be in existence?
by Paul rate this post as useful

Thank you! 2008/7/9 08:40
Thank you for the info! I'll head for the pet box today!

And as for base housing allowing pets; it depends on what type of base housing you have. My husband and I are stuck in the towers (the 9 story apartment building) so we aren't allowed to have ANY pets that aren't classified as 'cage animals'. Gotta love how the military takes care of families... half my family is back in the states refusing to eat his cat food because I'm not there. I suppose they don't consider pets part of the family like I do...
Well, like my father always told me, life isn't fair.
by Sarah rate this post as useful

Well... 2008/7/9 09:10
That sure sucks big time. Sorry.
by Paul rate this post as useful

base housing 2008/7/9 11:38
It's too bad they won't let you rent off-base, like they do in other areas of Japan! People with pets have been able to find other places to live if the towers are all they are offered.
by Spendthrift rate this post as useful

I know where 2009/3/11 15:54
You can buy baby ferrets at the pet box in Okinawa, Japan. Its by the starbucks but you really have to look for it. I hope you find them! But you better hurry! They leave fast!
by Someone (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread