Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Big Sale in Jan 2008/7/6 11:15
I am planning to Tokyo in Jan 09. When does the big sale usually start? Is there any way I can find out which stores will be on sale and how much discount should I expect?

I was told that some stores they will sell their goods in package with one price. Is it usually a good deal? The goods that they put in the package are usually good?
by Mango  

New year sale 2008/7/7 12:15
Mainly Department stores and shops has New year's sale which will begin on 1st-3rd of Jan. It's depend on shops but most of them will be on 1st.
And I guess you're asking about "Fukubukuro", means "Lucky package (sorry my original Eng)".
Those are special offering stuff of New year's sale, sold in about 5000-10000yen, including 5-8 items in one package.
But most of Fukubukuro will be sold out as stores is opened.
People queues to get them early in the morning, often from a day before.
When you get to a shop, popular brand's Fukubukuro is already gone...!
However, excepting that, you can get clothes mostly in 30-50% cut prices.
And mostly their contents are kept on secret. You'll buy them without confirming what're inside.
by n-rosa rate this post as useful

Secret inside 2008/7/7 12:18
...is explanation for Fukubukuro. The sentence is confusing, sorry.

Department stores or brand name stores 2008/7/8 10:59
Thanks! I will arrive in Tokyo on Jan 2 and won't be able to shop until Jan 3. That means I will miss all the great saving and the package then. What would you suggest me to tackle on Jan 3? The department stores or brand name stores (e.g. burberry)?

What about outlet? Will there any additional reduction during this big saving season?
by Mango rate this post as useful

Brand name stores 2008/7/8 16:30
You're probably not going to save any money whatsoever purchasing brand name goods in Japan. I don't know which country you're coming from but in Japan (compared to the US for example) the regular prices are already about 25%+ more expensive due to taxes and import duties. Even if you buying during a sale, that just means that you're paying pretty much the regular price in your native country...
by Danny rate this post as useful

About "brands" 2008/7/9 12:39
As Danny said, non-Japanese brands are regularly expensive so it's difficult to say 'cheap', even in sale prices. I recommend you get others of Japanese brand.
I know it depends on your taste, but Japanese brand's clothes're popular in foreign younger ages recently.
What kinds of clothes do you want? If you don't mind, tell us your age & sex.
Anyway you don't need to be so worried because there're too much department stores and shops in Tokyo.
You can see red banners saying "Sale" or "Bargain" all around the city. I think it's not difficult to find things you like.
Outlet, I've no idea because those're not in Tokyo central.

reply to this thread