Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Supermarkets in Japan 2008/7/7 06:09
Can someone tell me if Japanese Supermarkets cater for people who have special eating requirements such as Diabetes, Gluten Free etc? I heard that Diabetes Type 2 is more common in ammongst Japanese people today?
by Brissi Girl  

not that i've noticed 2008/7/7 14:08
it's not as widespread as it is in the west. i have not seen many products that cater to people with eating disorders or allergies. though large or special supermarkets definitely do carry specialty products.
by winterwolf rate this post as useful

Generally.... 2008/7/11 15:44
DM meals are delivered by professional suppliers commonly.
If don't use deliveries, they cook appropriate meal by themselves.
Some natural food's shops handle those kinds of things but are not found so easily.
by nr rate this post as useful

Do you read Japanese 2008/7/11 21:37
I would think that you would need to be able to read the labels because I can assure you that you won't get much help from staff that either cannot or will be reluctant to try to converse in English. If you really need to buy the products to suit your dietary requirements I would suggest you go armed with written instructions....written in Japanese of course.
by R rate this post as useful

reply to this thread