Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

What is the weather like Aug-Oct 2008/7/8 12:56
Hi there I am visiting Japan and be staying 1 hour from Tokyo, I was there just this past February and it was very cold, could someone tell me what the temperature degrees celcious it will be mid Aug to October and for a female would it be Jeans and T-Shirt or Jumper and boots weather?

Thanks
by Deborah  

mostly, very hot 2008/7/8 13:22
That time-frame spans mid summer to early autumn, so you will need to be prepared for different kinds of weather at either end.

August and most of September are very hot and humid- too hot for me to wear jeans, although some people do. In August and September expect midday highs of around 33 degrees C or higher, it can go up to the high 30s at times. You do need to carry a light long-sleeved top for going into buildings that are heavily air-conditioned.

I wear tanktops, T-shirts, skirts, light trousers/ capris and shorts that come to just above my knees in summer as I would roast in jeans.

In October it will have started to cool down a bit, especially in the mornings, but it will by no means be anything like jumper and boots weather. Perhaps mid to high 20s in the day time and 15-18 degrees or so in the morning.
by Sira rate this post as useful

reply to this thread