Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Pursuing Nursing Studies in University 2008/7/10 18:51
hi. i am settlin in Japan this Dec wid my Japanese husband but m lookin to pursue further education in hopes of workin as a nurse in Japan. iam currently a registerd nurse in my own country but my qualifications hav no bearin whatsoever in Japan since Japanese Govt only allow Filipino nurses to work in the country. I wud like to continue workin as a nurse n hav no qualms about goin bak to uni again in Japan to study nursing again. Cud anyone plz tell me what r the requirements for enterin a university in Tokyo to study nursing. Plus r there any scholarships available for foreigners who r interested in pursuin nursing studies???????????
by Artee  

Studying nursing 2008/7/11 15:23
Hi,

I'm not in the nursing field but my first suggestion to you is to study Japanese. Especially in a field like nursing where you may have to deal with older patients who have no knowledge of English. And study it well...not just simple conversation. In the news, the Filipino nurses seem to also need to take Japanese lessons and regardless of their nursing ability, if they do not pass, they lose their visa.

Based on what's in the news and the rapidly aging population, it seems that there is a high demand for nurses (of course, nursing is not just about taking care of senior citizens; but it is hard to ignore this with so many older patients). If you are willing to go back to school, then I think you'll be fine.

As for scholarship, no idea...but most likely, you should be applying for that. Some university scholarships are awarded based on the country you are from and you have to be nominated by your home country. Start with the web site of the embassy of Japan in your home country and they might have links to how you can apply for scholarships; don't wait until you get here.

Good luck!

by Ray rate this post as useful

Thnks 2008/7/12 19:57
thnks Ray for ur input. I will def follow-up on ur suggestions.
by artee rate this post as useful

reply to this thread