Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo Language School(s) 2008/7/14 01:14
Hey. I've been thinking of going to japan to study abroad for the longest time now, however. I am a undergraduate without a High School Diploma. Are there any Japanese Language Schools that'll actually accept me? Also, if they did which School would be best to attend and has a 2 year Course (Intense/Basic). I realized that I'll need a Pre-College Visa as well, for a 2 year stay. If possible, I'd like to go there and study somewhere in October and the latest, April.

Oh, I'm also going to Japan within the next month (August) to sightsee/vacation and hopefully, find a Language School and try to apply, but if you guys can help me out here a little and possibly direct me on where to go, that would be appreciated.

Regards,
iKira.
by iKira  

probably no problem 2008/7/15 04:57
i doubt you'll have a problem, but you will need to bring transcripts from your university most likely.

i highly recommend getting your G.E.D. before you come as it will likely simplify things if a school ever does ask for your high school diploma. government institutions and schools can be extremely picky about just about anything here.

you didn't say where you're going.

in tokyo there are hundreds of schools. search the net a bit and you'll find one. a friend of mine goes to one in shinjuku but i can't remember the name. they might be able to help sponsor a student visa.
by winterwolf rate this post as useful

... 2008/7/15 08:27
Visa application starts pretty early - according to one school's website, Immigration starts accepting applications starting in July for courses
starting in April of the following year, and January for courses starting in September of the same year.

Applications to the school - for example, the school closes accepting applications at the end of the April for courses starting in September of
the same year. So you need to plan well ahead.

http://www.naganuma-school.or.jp/school_2/en/apply/index.htm...

Check out this school and their website - I recommend this school (I know a few people who've been there and quite good at the language by
now), and the website give details about the procedures. This one is located in central Tokyo. If you are coming in August, it may be a good idea to contact them beforehand, maybe visit in person (you could ask to watch one of their summer intensive course classes), and ask about procedures.
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread