Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Application Procedure 2008/7/14 05:21
I am applying for a working holiday visa.

I have re-written my CV, passports done, the moneys in the bank, and the photos sorted.So all i need to do now is download and fill in the application form, my itinerary(first 6 months) and reasons for applying.

Its my itnenrary im having trouble with i dont really want to plan my stay in Japan(if you know what i mean), i know all the places i want to go and the sights i want to see, but i want to visit them whenever i feel.I just want to see what everyone else is doing, where they have been and where they can recomened visting.How accurate do i need to be will a rough iteniray do? although i cant realy see myself sticking to it.

Also on the reasons for applying i dont really know what to write down appart from, 'to experiance the culture and lifestyle of the Japanese people', and 'to go sight seeing'.And that small sentance looks quite pathetic on paper no matter how big i make the font :D. Any ideas on what to pad it out with.What did you guys do for your itinerary and reasons.

One last question, might seem silly but did you/should i dress up when going to the japanese embassy?
I plan on going to Japa next month and im really nervous about going to the embassy (will my application forms be sufficiant,will there be other people there applying with information,CV's as big as phonebook, are there any spaces left for me! etc etc)
Please help me out!, let me know how your application procedure went.
Thanks
by DannyL  

Advice 2008/7/14 13:11
For the itinerary, just write anything that makes it look like you have some kind of plan, they will absolutely not come after you making sure you are sticking to it. Even if you renew after 6 months your original itinerary will not be an issue.

A paragraph will do for the reason for applying- you can pad out what you have written a bit, can't you? What exactly about the culture interests you? What sights do you want to see? Give examples. How long have you been interested in Japan and why did you become interested in Japan?

They aren't going to turn you down based on what you write anyway.

When going to any embassy, I always try to dress at least "smart casual". It would look odd for someone applying for a working holiday visa to turn up in a suit, so don't over do it!

You'll be fine. Provided you don't have a criminal record, there is no reason you would be turned down. They just like to make you jump through all those hoops before they'll give you the visa ;-)
by Sira rate this post as useful

Thanks 2008/7/15 05:22
Thanks for the reply i feel more positive now.
by DannyL rate this post as useful

reply to this thread