Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

What does it mean Sho-hoku? 2008/7/14 23:21
Hi! I have to translate some text about Japan into my native language(russian). And actually can't understand what is Sho-hoku? Is it a place? Or an organization? What is it? Can somebody explain me?
p.s: text contains medical information.maybe shis will help.

Thanks for attention)
Soridan
by Soridan  

Context, context, context 2008/7/15 09:15
Soridan,

How is it written? What is the context? Without these, it will be pretty much impossible for anyone to give you a meaningful answer.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

context 2008/7/15 10:48
Dave, it's about new dorama, that goes on fuji TV now, Code Blue. My friend asks me to translate one text about it and there I found Sho-Hoku. Actuallu I think, that this is a short from Shoyo unit Hokubo hospital. And what does it mean Shoyo and Hokubo here?

Soridan
by Soridan rate this post as useful

... 2008/7/15 12:20
Isn't that just an abbreviation for the hospital/emergency center name? Namely, Shoyo Daigaku Fuzoku Hokubu Byoin (Shoyo University-affiliated Hokubu Hospital), they took the "Sho" from the university name, and "hoku" the first part of the specific hospital location name). "Hokubu" means "northern," but "Shoyo" is just a name.

Looking this up was not possible without the "Code Blue" background.
by AK rate this post as useful

thx 2008/7/15 12:24
AK, thaks a lot ^.^
Actually I was thinking that way, but I nedd opinion of another persone)
Arigatou)

Soridan
by Soridan rate this post as useful

reply to this thread