Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

re-entry visa 2008/7/18 01:46
I am married to a japanese national and hold a spouse visa. I wish to travel to korea for a few days. Can anyone from past experience or knowledge if i need the re-entry visa bearing in mind my status .... i also hold a residents permit until march 2009 i dont know if this makes any difference. Thanks in advance to anyone that might be able to help
by bobjackson  

From my experience 2008/7/18 10:32
It is called "re-entry permit," not re-entry visa.
Yes, even those on Spouse visa will need to have this re-entry permit in their passports beforehand when they want to leave Japan temporarily and come back on the same visa. (I don't know what you mean by "residents permit" - possibly Alien Registration? That does not make any difference.)
by AK rate this post as useful

yes 2008/7/18 17:59
yes you need get the re-entry permit, if u dont do that, u ill need get a new visa to entry in japan
by xsdejavu rate this post as useful

Get the multiple entry permit. 2009/7/28 10:22
I have a spousal visa and I went back to Canada for 3 days in May. I had to get a re-entry permit. You're supposed to get it before hand at the immigrations office but apparently you're allowed to get it one-time only at the airport. The next time they won't let you. I think it was about 3000 yen
by Matthew (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread